ICF Phoenix is a Charter Chapter of the International Coach Federation (ICF). We are a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization formed by individual members – professionals who practice coaching including Executive Coaches, Leadership Coaches, Life Coaches, Career Coaches and many other areas of specialization.
Interested in becoming a member of the chapter? If you are already a member of ICF, go to your profile and select Phoenix as your designated chapter.
Not a member of ICF? Click here for more information.
In service to humanity we choose to lead the advancement of the coaching profession in the Phoenix area.
- Advocate excellence, credentialing and ethics
- Create an environment of growth and learning
- Identify and develop the gifts and talents of all (individuals, teams, and organizations)
- Give back to the internal and external community
The International Coach Federation
- Its coaching core competencies;
- Connecting members to a global coaching community;
- Establishing a professional code of ethics and standards;
- Developing an internationally recognized credentialing program;
- Facilitating networking opportunities through local ICF Chapters;
- Conducting and dispensing coaching research;
- Establishing guidelines for coach-training programs;
- Providing focused discussion through Communities of Practice (formerly known as SIGs);
- Conducting regional and international conferences; and
- Partnering with strategic and resource partners to benefit members.
Countries with ICF coaches (Flag ceremony from 2011 ICF Global Conference):
We exist to support and advance the coaching profession through programs and standards supported by our members and to be an authoritative source on coaching information and research for the public.
Definition of Coaching
The ICF defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. ICF envisions a future in which coaching will be an integral part of society and ICF members will represent the highest quality in professional coaching.
Looking for a professional coach?
Individuals and businesses interested in finding a professional coach, whether an Executive Coach, Life Coach, Career Coach, Organizational Coach, etc., can use the ICF’s Coach Referral Service to search for an ICF Credentialed coach, browse through the ICF Member Directory, or post a job opening on ICF’s Career Centre.
The Work of ICF
To Build… The ICF maintains a high visibility for the profession through public relations, publicity campaigns, marketing strategies and the Coach Referral Service (CRS). The CRS is an independent, non-profit ICF service which makes it easy for people to find the right coach for their needs.
To Support … The ICF develops and implements programs that assist in the professional development of its membership. In addition to the professional development opportunities of an annual conference, the ICF provides professional growth opportunities through its local, regional and virtual chapters throughout the world. Continual support is available through the ICF Web site and publications.
To Preserve… The ICF developed and promotes an industry wide Code of Professional Standards. ICF also developed the first universally accepted Certification process which will preserve the integrity of coaching through standardized credentials that assist consumers in choosing professional coaches, as well as a stringent Accreditation process for coach training programs.